Over 12 months have passed since the start of the Great Electric Drive and in this time 19 members of the public and 2 commercial companies have trialed electric vehicles for periods of 3 months, up to a year. And the results?
• Electric car Ambassadors drove on average 300 kilometres per week with two covering more than 400km
• Combined fuel cost savings of €13,500 were achieved during the period of the trial
• The electric cars cost less than 2 cents a km to fuel and the average motorist could achieve annualised running cost savings of almost €2,300
• Nine out of 10 journeys were taken in the ecar in preference to their own cars
• Three quarters of charging was done at home with fast charging proving the second most popular method
To mark Ireland’s first nationwide electric vehicle trial and the experiences of our wonderful Ambassadors we have created this short video.
We have also made a really cool Infographic (well we think it is) that sums up the trial. check out the video and Infographic and let us know what you think.
We will be running The Great Electric Drive next year and you can register your expression of interest on our Facebook page or by emailing your name and email address to email@example.com.
Finally we would like to say a big thank you to all our Ambassadors for making it such a great year and a fantastic Great Electric Drive!